Sunday, May 28, 2017

May 28 th -- one week removed from chemo

Last Monday, May 22nd, I have had my first chemo treatment.  In an update to my last post, the other tumors that were located in my body were benign and I was doing the "happy dance". I told friends later that I was so relieved to "just have breast cancer", that I never thought I would hear myself even mutter those words.

So, Chemo started last Monday. Monday wasn't too bad but the ensuing days have added lots of new side effects, lots of sensations, lots of highs and lots of lows. But, this too will pass.  There are many many people much worse off than I am so I am thankful for everything that comes my way.  I went to purchase a wig. Not sure how much I am going to wear it, but by this time next week, I shouldn't have any hair. Right now it doesn't seem to bother me, but it probably will when I see it dropping to the ground in clumps.  The good thing is that I don't have another chemo appointment until June 19th. It was suppose to be earlier but we had planned a trip to visit family in Illinois and the doctor thought it would be good for me to go, so we will delay chemo for one week during that cycle.  After getting back on track I will have chemo through the first part of August, followed by surgery and then 5-7 weeks of radiation every day.

This guy makes me smile -- he turned six months old this week.

1 comment:

ROBYN LANE said...

Grateful for this little guy's smile! He is so darn cute, and I know a breath of fresh air for your family.