Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Washington DC

I'm in the nation's capital this week for the annual Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum.  There are over 700 people here representing all fifty states and the District of Columbia.  Yesterday, I had a meeting with others with Early stage Alzheimer's and got to meet some new friends.  Some had ties to Atlanta in one way or another and I hope our paths will cross again.  Many at the meeting were there for the first time and I think it helped them to see so many of us "like them". 

Today we have a long day.  Breakfast starts at 6:45 with our first meeting at 7:30 and our last event starting tonight at 7:30 p.m.  A visit to Congressman John Lewis' office is scheduled for this afternoon and tomorrow we will be going to the Hill for meetings with our other legislators from Georgia to ask for their help on a variety of issues.  It will be a long two days but worth it. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

No comments: