Sunday, February 27, 2011

Babies

One of my best friends from Illinois duaghter will be having a baby soon. I can't believe she is going to be a mother. She and her husband will make excellent parents, but I guess I just get to feeling old and sentimental when I think about it. I remember when my friend first found out she was pregnant with her daughter -- its a long and funny story but it was over thirty years ago and it seems like just yesterday. Anyway -- my best and all my love to Rachel, Mark and the new baby soon to be here.

And, two of my favorite friends -- I like to think of them as my surrogate sons, announced recently that they and their wives are soon expecting a baby. Their due dates are just weeks apart and it will be truly amazing seeing these guys go from husbands to dads -- but they will be great. I'm so happy for them.

On another note, I spoke to another pyschology class on campus at UGA this week about Alzheimer's. The professor gave me some questions that her students had the last time I spoke to give me an idea of some of the their thoughts. They were certainly interesting and I will try to keep them in mind the next time I speak to a group. Thanks Tamar for having me and best of luck to you in your studies!

Next week, I'm going to get a new knee! Yes, it's time for it. I'll be in the hospital for a few days and then recuperating for a few months. I'm not looking forward to the rehab time, but I'm glad to get it over with. I'll try to be better about blogging in the next week or so, as I'll be MIA for awhile after that. The one thing that had concerned me was going under anesthesia, as that from what I understand, can be an issue for those diagnosed with Alzheimer's. However, it appears they will be doing an epidural for the procedure so hopefully that will be much better.

Oh -- and after I get back on line, I'm going to try to be better about posting on a regular basis even if the words don't come out like they should! I have many friends that have blogs that keep on task by coming up with weekly "issues" of their blogs by calling them, "Truthful Tuesday" or "Wacky Wednesday thoughts" -- you get it. I'll just have to try to come up with something clever -- and I'm all for suggestions.

1 comment:

Inge said...

Kris, I'll be thinking of you and your new knee next week!

Gr, Inge