Monday, February 01, 2010

Travels

Well, since I last wrote, I've been to Starkville MS and Auburn Alabama for two UGA women's basketball games. Unfortunately we lost both of them, but after returning late last night from one of the games, I don't want to talk about it! We will definitely have better days!

When I went to Auburn, we went on a bus trip with other booster club members. This is usually fun and I won't say it wasn't fun -- i just didn't enjoy it as much and not because we lost. My intention was to get there early enough to get in the front or the back of the bus because of the noise. I knew that if I was sitting in the middle that I would be bombarded by noise coming at me from all angles. Well, my best laid plans as they say didn't work out. I was right in the middle. I did have my earplugs which were a godsend, but I was still not comfortable and was only hoping the bus driver would go faster and faster to get there. We stopped for lunch and I chose not to eat in the restaurant because it was too noisy so I got a little break from it. Coming back wasn't as bad, because we were coming back late and because the crowd was a little more subdued because we lost. I'm not sure if I'll be doing that trip again.

Next Monday -- we are off to the capitol in Atlanta for Alzheimer's Awareness Day. Hopefully we will have a good turnout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog thru alz.org. I live in Higdon, Al and am 53 yr.old. Dx one year ago with EOAD after problems since age 49. On disability after 30 yrs as RN and on Aricept. Having more problems with depression and isolation lately. Husband tries to be supportive but really doesn't have a clue. Is there an early-onset group that meets somewhere close to me in the daytime? I can't drive or even be very socialable at night due to extreme anxiety and confusion. Just desperately need to talk to someone who knows and can understand what this all is like. Rita in Alabama