Friday, October 09, 2009

The Week

was a little hectic but I survived. Next weekend is Memory Walk -- so we'll be in overdrive until that happens I suppose.

I heard from many friends this week and that is always nice. I wish I could spend more time with my friends and that is something I'm going to work on. There's never enough time to do the things we want, but it seems like we make time for some things -- I'm going to try to make more time with my friends.

I've made a few new friends this week as well. It's funny how you can meet some people and know instantly that they will become a good friend.

My birthday was this week and husband came up withs ome ways to remind me of my advancing age. My son pointed out that it was time to change my profile since I was no longer 53.........but I can say, that seven years ago when I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's I didn't think I would make it to 53 hearing about all the gloom and doom coming our way. And while that gloom and doom is still out there I can't let it get to me -- I just have to keep going......probably not as good as the Energizer bunny but going just the same.

1 comment:

karen said...

Happy Birthday and you can stay any age you want on your profile. Good luck and get some rest.
I have no time for friends. When I get a day off it is busy with shopping or catching up. And people don't understand why I don't do more fun things. Not much time for that. Either to pooped, broke or something else needs to be done.