Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I'm still recuperating from my trip -- I'm still exhausted. I'm either getting a cold or suffering from my allergies which doesn't help. The trip was great but I could never have done it alone -- I'm glad my family was with me. The crowds got the best of me a few times. But I survived -- it was great being with my son. We laugh so much when we are together and I really miss that. Alan always has a smile on his face and it is very refreshing. Our daughter-in-law Jennifer was with us for a few days and I had not seen her since Christmas so it was nice spending a few days with her as well.

On another note -- World Alzheimer's Day is September 21st. I have been getting some requests to post some sites you might want to check out. One is "memories matter" -- this is a site in the UK which lets you post memories of your loved one with Alzheimer's -- or your memories if you have the disease. The link to it is http://www.memories-matter.org/. I have also heard from David Wasser from Retirement Living TV -- they are running a documentary on September 21st about Alzheimer's. I'm not sure I get that channel but the link to their site is www.rl.tv. There are some previews of the show there.

Hopefully, we will see a lot in the news about Alzheimer's and take advantage of this day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added my memory to the wall . Thanks

karen said...

hi Chris,

I was reading your blog about memories and would like to introduce you and your viewers to Memory Jogging Puzzles and Memory Exercise Cards.

What make these memory activities unique are the themes by Norman Rockwell - The Saturday Evening Post.

His wonderful illustrations jog fond memories, stimulate emotions and are fun to work with.

For more valuable information: http://memoryjoggingpuzzles.com

takeCare. karen

David Schantz said...

Kris,

About six months ago we found out my Wife Sue has early-on-set. It runs in her family. Her Mother also has Alzheimer's. We lost her Grandmother and an Aunt to the disease. The family has reason to believe her Great Grandmother also had it but her case was never diagnosed.

On August 1, 2009 I set up Alzheimer's In The House and started looking for other Alzheimer's/Care giver sites. Considering the number of people that are effected by this disease I don't feel there are enough. I was impressed when I found yours today. I've taken the liberty of adding you to my blog roll to help me find my way back.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.