Monday, August 04, 2008

Wedding Week

The last several days have been spent sleeping. Traveling takes a lot out of me these days. My awful trip back (as mentioned below) did not help matters much. The day I was coming back the delay in my flight was long in Chicago and then when I got to Atlanta the airport was wall to wall people because of the delays in Atlanta. I started having panic attacks because of all of the people and I could not get out of that airport fast enough. I was almost running through the airport to get out of there. I thought about trying to go into a rest room or somewhere where there weren't as many people and try to calm down, but I couldn't find anywhere where there weren't a lot of people! I thought if I could just get out to the shuttle bus where they can get me to my car I'll be fine. I got out there fast although it seemed like an eternity. I finally got my heart rate down and started to relax. It was raining a little but I didn't care. I then got in my car to come home and there was a major accident on the major interstate I was coming home on. While that didn't bother me too much, I was tired and I just wanted to get home. Obviously I made it home -- but it really takes the fun out of traveling!

We are getting into wedding mode here at the house. My brother-in-law from St. Louis comes in on Wednesday and Alan will be home. That is going to be four people in the house as opposed to our usual two. I've told my husband already how hard that is going to be on me and that I need my quiet time and I need his help. It's way too much confusion to have that many people in the house for me, let alone clean and cook. I know my brother-in-law will understand when I just have to go into a room and shut the door for quiet time. By week's end we will be staying at a hotel in Atlanta for the wedding and it will be easier for me to escape. I really enjoy having company and seeing people, but it isn't like it used to be. I get so tired so quickly and I'm not myself. I hate this!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother has Alzheimer and she was a great woman, the most intelligent person I`ve ever met...
I read your blog and it remind me of her...!!

Be strong, pray and fight it ...!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you and checking back to see how you are holding up, darling.