Friday, March 28, 2008

Loss in Virginia

Well, I'm back from Norfolk. Our women's team got bounced in the second round of the NCAA tourney. A disappointing loss needless to say.

I'm extremely tired from the trip. I slept most of the day yesterday and felt as if I was a step behind all day. Today I am very anxious. I'm upset about a couple of things that happened in my absence and I don't really know why. I think I am probably more upset with myself about letting these things get to me, but just the same, I'm upset. I'll get over it. I usually do -- it just takes me longer these days to let go of things. It's one of those days where I could sit around and cry all day. I used to have more of those days.

I need to enjoy the day -- it is suppose to be sunny and nice outside. Maybe I just need some fresh air.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hello, Kris,

I read your story on the AD web site as part of my research for a book I'm writing about dementias for middle school and high school readers. Then I started reading your blog. You are an extremely courageous woman, although you may not know it! You have dealt with this with grace and optimism for so long, and I know you are a true blessing to your family and friends and all who read your story. We have a couple of things in common - I also turn 53 this year, in June, and I also am a college basketball fan! I hate to tell you this, but I am a Florida Gator!(class of '78)It was a big disappointment to me that the guys didn't even make it to the NCAA tourney after wnning it two years in a row! Oh well...
I would like very much to quote part of your story in my book, if OK with you. It will be published by Lucent Books later this summer.
Kris, God Bless You and hang in there! Liz Hardman.

willsmith said...

Hi,
This is jessica,I started reading your blog. You are an extremely courageous woman, although you may not know it! You have dealt with this with grace and optimism for so long, and I know you are a true blessing to your family and friends and all who read your story.
==================================
jessica

Virginia Alcohol Addiction Treatment