Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm off to a UGA football game today. A friend of mine in Atlanta has an extra ticket and he asked me to be his date. We play Auburn and it should be a good game. I sometimes have a hard time with the noise and all that is going on but with good friends, they help me a long.

Thanksgiving is so early this year. It will be here in just a few weeks. I was thinking that this year I need to do a better job of letting all of my friends know how thankful I am for them. They have all shared in my journey and I can't thank them enough for being there when I needed someone. It's never too late to say thank you.

My son is partying in New Orleans this weekend. A bunch of his friends from the Georgia Young Democrats or some such group he belonged to in Atlanta was getting together down there and he decided to go. It must be nice to be young and do stuff like that.

Another friend of mine has decided to take the plunge and get married this summer. He is a young man that used to work for me. He's about a year older than Alan so I think I was able to relate to him pretty well when he worked for me. That makes at least four weddings this summer -- something to look forward to. As well as Alan's graduation. We received a preliminary outline of what is happening at Stanford on graduation weekend already and we need to start making our plans. Things seem to be happening so quickly! But, Alan's graduation date has been circled on our calendar for three years -- and I know that he will be ready to graduate -- he must be getting tired of school by now!

Need to get ready to go to the gym. Some unwanted pounds have started to creep up and I need to do a little more at the gym before the holidays get into full swing. Seems like there is always something to worry about.

No comments: