Sunday, November 25, 2007

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We had a very quiet one -- just Ralph and I. But it was a good day. I got lots of things done around the house I have been putting off and finished up my Christmas cards. Since I make my own cards it always takes awhile, and then, I can never decide who gets what card since they are all different. But, I consider it my therapy and I enjoy doing it.

Speaking of cards, my son sent us the lovliest Thanksgiving card. I won't share what he said, but it brought tears to my eyes (awwwww) -- sometimes he surprises me.

I have a busy week. I'm speaking to a class at UGA on Monday night, going to Atlanta on Wednesday and Thursday for some Alzheimer's business and then to SC on Alzheimer's business on Friday and Saturday. Wednesday night, legendary country artist Keith Urban is doing a benefit concert in Atlanta for the Alzheimer's Assn. It is headed up by award winning songwriter Monte Powell. Monte has written many songs for Keith Urban as well as other country stars. Monte Powell has Alzheimer's in his family and asked Keith to help him with this fundraiser. I hope it does well. If you are in the Atlanta area and want to come, check out the Alzheimer's Assn. website at www.alz.org/georgia. On Saturday morning in Spartanburg SC there is a Town Hall meeting put on by the National Alzheimer's Association. The meeting is for people suffering with early stage Alzheimer's. The event is free, you just need to register. If you are in that area and would like to attend go to the national website at www.alz.org and follow the prompts to the Town Hall meeting site. Even if you have not been diagnosed or think you might have early stage, I would encourage you to attend. You will learn a lot and realize you are not alone.

More upon my return.

No comments: