Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hickory NC


We went to Hickory NC over the weekend. We visited some friends that used to live in Athens and attended a wedding of a friend of mine. Many of you have been following my blog for awhile and may recall that last year, I wrote about a young man that had a skiing accident in Colorado and almost died. He had some head trauma, lost sight in one of his eyes as well as many broken bones. His fiancee was finishing up her studies at Georgia and went to be by his bedside for several months and still managed to graduate on time. She is a remarkable young woman. I got to know her through Memory Walk here in Athens. She chaired the event and did a marvelous job. Due to the accident the wedding was put on hold, and finally, this weekend, they tied the knot. It was an extremely emotional weekend for everyone, because of the severity of Brad's accident.


I'm so pleased they allowed us to share in their special day.


But it was a long weekend for me and I have to rest for awhile. I just wanted to share this story.

No comments: