Monday, September 25, 2006

Sports

I've always enjoyed sports. Growing up there were not too many opportunities for me to play competitive sports because Title IX wasn't in effect back then -- guess that shows my age! But, I'm not sure if I would have done it even if it were. I enjoyed the "backyard sports" as well as tennis and golf. Having two brothers around the house who devoured sports and statistics as well as having rivalries between their professional sports teams, sports always seemed to be a part of my life.

Nowadays, I enjoy watching sports on tv and of course the weekends give me many opportunities to watch a number of sports. I find it is more difficult to keep up with them these days -- I'm glad most of the stations keep the score on the screen all the time, because sometimes it is hard for me to remember who is winning. Plus, I'm kind of bad about switching to different channels to watch different games so it is harder to keep up. But at least I can still enjoy them. Attending large sporting activities has also become more of a problem. All the noise, the crowds get me confused. I wouldn't go it alone these days that is for sure.

No comments: