Friday, May 19, 2006

Changes

My husband has been retired for about two weeks now. He still thinks he is on vacation, but having him around all the time is starting to take a toll on me. Although I have been trying to get out of the house when I can, having another body around the house all the time is just hard on me.

We've discussed the problems that I was going to face and how we can help to change the environment a bit. We just haven't done anything about it and I guess it is time. I've proposed some changes as far as making a "quiet room" for me. The constant noise of the television being on all the time is really bothering me. Having that extra noise in the house is very tiring. Luckily, my husband isn't real needy and isn't a big conversationalist but I still feel the need to be somewhat engaging when someone else is in the house.....always having to be "on" if you will.

I haven't had to deal with that much since I have retired -- a few days on the weekend -- but then I would have Monday through Friday to get back into a routine. The routine is certainly missing now that there is another person in the house. I don't feel like I can carry on my regular routine with someone around. I guess I'll have to get over that. I've been pretty good about getting up and going to the gym in the mornings and a few other things that I regularly do, but when someone else is around it is just different.

I know it has only been a couple of weeks, but it is probably time to make some changes. It is nice knowing someone is around in case I need some help, which on some days is more than others. I'm just not very good with change these days.

No comments: