Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Spring

Well spring is here and hopefully the weather will start acting like it -- we get a few good days and then some bad ones. But, I guess March is always unpredicatable.

There is a lot going on in the next couple of weeks. My son is in Boston this week checking out Harvard -- heard from him once that he was more impressed with it than he thought he would be. Not exactly sure what that means, but I know he had some concerns before leaving so maybe those concerns have been cleared up. The first of April he heads to Stanford and then he is off to Chicago. We will all be glad when this law school decision is over. It is very hard!

I have several Alzheimer's speeches to give in the next month -- one in Dahlonega, one in Albany and I will be returning to Washington DC for the Public Policy conference. All of these are so important -- it does me good to do them, but it is also exhausting and makes me realize all the challenges ahead. I'm usually pretty good at blocking them out (I think that is the survival instinct) but when I do the talks it hits home even more. It is harder for me to travel by myself and I know that limits what I can do for the cause. I hate to ask people to go with me because I see it as an inconvenience, but I know people would go if I ask. I guess I might have to get over that!

My nephew will be visiting in a few weeks. He has two conferences to attend in Atlanta on two consecutive weekends, so during the week he will be able to spend some time with us. And, my brother is going to visit a day or so in the next few weeks as he is close by on business. It's going to be a busy time.

No comments: