Monday, July 19, 2004

Death

A friend of mine passed away last week.  She had been ill for a long time -- in and out of remission of a disease.  She was one of the first people that we met when we moved here almost 25 years ago.  Her memorial service was today and I sat there hoping that when it comes to be my turn that it will be as nice.  She had a lot of friends that loved her. She was only 54 years old. That's sad.
 
I was also reminded at the service how my memory is fading.  There were so many people there and I couldn't remember their names or realize how I should know them.  That has always been one of my strong points and that is something I am going to have to get used to.  The medication I am on has been good at helping but I know it isn't the cure! Don't I wish that it was.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: