Sunday, January 04, 2004

Friends

There is a saying that says "You can never be too rich or too thin" -- well I think the saying should be "You can never have too many friends" -- because I certainly have great friends and I don't know what I would do without them. I count every one of them as a blessing -- and sometimes they get counted twice!

A friend of mine that I have known for almost thirty years sent me a necklace for Christmas. It is simple but beautiful. It's on a delicate chain and it says love on it on one side and a chinese symbol on the other side that I assume means love as well. For a long time I have noticed friends wearing a special necklace that someone close to them gave them and they never take it off -- kind of like a wedding ring. Well, since I have gotten this necklace I haven't taken it off. I'm sure that when he sent it to me he didn't know how much it would mean to me -- but it came at a time when I needed a boost and this was it. He's a great friend as are all of my friends.

No comments: